Established in 1945, Nambour Lind Lane Theatre was originally known as Nambour Amateur Theatrical Society, fondly remembered as NATS. The group has enjoyed a roller-coaster ride through history, for many years without a permanent home, performing in the old Digger’s Hall Theatre and the Nambour Civic Centre, until finally in 1963, they acquired their own little theatre in Blackall Terrace. Productions were staged there for the following eight years, until a disastrous fire burnt the theatre to the ground in 1972.
The group re-gathered, working hard for eight years producing shows at the Yandina School of Arts Hall and raising funds for a new theatre.
The Blackall Terrace site was sold, giving the group enough money to build. A lease was signed with Council, and in 1980, they began building what we all fondly remember as the old Lind Lane.
In 1988, with the assistance of a Maroochy Shire Council dollar for dollar grant, extensions were added in the form of a foyer and fly-tower, the latter a feature that was and still is, almost unheard of in amateur theatre circles.
The building was demolished in early 2003 to make way for the redevelopment of Nambour Plaza Shopping Centre. The new building located at 16 Mitchel Street Nambour was officially opened by Australia’s most renowned playwright, David Williamson.